A Quick Thought - A Cry For Help.

/
0 Comments
Having some low days recently has given me the inspiration and push to write another blog post again. Recently my anxiety has been reaching new levels which I've never really experienced before,it's brought some of my depression out and constant horrible thoughts which I just wish would go away. Recently I've been finding it really difficult to deal with however, as always, I'm lucky to have all the support I do without them even knowing they're helping me (or even knowing how I'm feeling) and to have lots of things to try and keep me busy and to not think about everything I'm feeling. Even though it's absolutely horrible to feel like this I wish I could go through it a million and one times so that nobody else would have to. I know I can deal with it, I've spent the last 8 or so years learning how to manage and cope with it, I can fight it back but there are so many that can't. So many who lose the fight to their demons and I hate that it happens. I wish I could have shared the burden with those people.

On another note, going through all this again has got me thinking, people have a habit of judging those who post when they feel like this over facebook or other social media. People make out as though this is wrong to do, if you do this you must be attention seeking and so how you're feeling is no longer of importance. I do not agree with this. Personally, I find it extremely difficult to tell others when I'm feeling this way. It's beyond difficult to tell the people you love most that you're getting thoughts about hurting yourself/ending your life. It's difficult to tell others that you're feeling so low when you know yourself you have no reason to, you don't want to make them feel like they're the reason for all the pain. Posting behind a screen to nobody in particular is a much easier way to do it, that way you're not burdening anybody but is a way to get some help/support. Messaging, calling or even talking to somebody directly can be such a daunting thought. If you come across somebodies status, tweet or whatever that suggests they're having a rough time and are clearly in need of some help just stop and think for a minute. They probably do want some attention, they want someone to show that they actually care. Next time you see somebody reaching out for help message them privately, let them know they're not alone. It doesn't matter whether you know them well or simply just know of them, it could make the world of a difference. Not everybody is lucky enough to have someone to talk to, just take the time to consider all of these possibilities first.

Mental health issues are still considered such a taboo subject and we all need to work on changing this. We need to start by changing our views of mental health problems and stop thinking they should be something we keep to ourselves, it's time we start being open about them. More people are suffering than you think, many people think they're alone because it's not something we're open about as a society. Fact is, you're not alone. Lets all do our best to make a difference.

I've previously spoken about my troubles with self harming and depression in my blog, you can read about it here, and I'm still always happy to take anonymous emails, messages etc. and be someone who's there to listen. My email again is bryony.kirkham@live.com - if you need someone to talk to do not hesitate to email me. If you read my previous blog post (the one linked) there are also several helplines you can contact on there as well if you still need some help or want somebody else to talk about.


You may also like

No comments:

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.