Makeup Review || MUA Make Up Academy.

/
0 Comments


I actually hadn't heard of this brand before being gifted the makeup for Christmas. Yes Christmas. Clearly this review has been a looong time coming! So this brand was extremely new to me and I had no idea what to expect. 

After some further research I found it to be a very budget brand, in terms of cost. I guess that means my sister was a cheap skate when buying gifts! I joke, she also give me several other amazing presents and told me that they were in the buy 3 for 2 range (or some offer anyway) so figured I could give them a go. The products can be purchased in stores such as Superdrug. They offer a range of products from lipsticks to eye pallets which aesthetically all look good, however you never know if the quality is going to be there when buying cheap make up.


Lipsticks


First up are the lipsticks I was given! 2 of these were matte lipsticks (the ones in the white tubes) and the other just a general one. I was extremely happy with the presentation of the products, the tubes were nice and the best part was the colour reference parts at the bottom unscrewed and were usable mini tubs containing the products. I thought this was very effective as it meant the colour you see at the end of the tube is the colour of lipstick you will be getting inside, stickers can usually be significantly different from the actual lipstick colour.

Lipsticks with the bottoms unscrewed. Something a little different that I really liked.

The colours of the lipsticks themselves looked amazing, I especially loved the look of the dark burgundy colour. As you can expect I was really excited to give them a go, unfortunately I found that they weren't as pigmented as I hoped. The matte lipsticks were especially difficult to get any decent colour coverage! It felt as though they had been frozen or something. The burgundy colour ended up looking very similar to the red and the pink also being much lighter due to the difficulty of getting good coverage. I was extremely disappointed by the quality, but I guess you can't hope for much more for a very low cost lipstick (charged at around £1 each). 

Swatches of the lipsticks, from left to right - Red, Pink, Burgundy.

Eyebrow Pencil

The brush at the end of the brow pencil.

The lipsticks were most definitely a flop and I won't be buying them any time soon, the brow pencil on the other hand was a completely different story. Again this product is being sold for a pound in Superdrug and can be purchased in 3 different colours - Black, Brunette & Blonde. As you can see from the photo I had the brunette. The pencil felt more creamy when I put it on which I actually really liked, it almost worked as a wax to hold my eyebrows in place and also as the colour. It was highly pigmented and wasn't a struggle to get an even coverage, my only downside was that it was a little darker than what I was used to, however I got used to this over time. The brush at the end of the pencil was also an added bonus, it's still one of my favourite eyebrow brushes to date! I would definitely advise buying this product and giving it a go, especially considering it doesn't cost much at all. Although I am yet to try the blonde and black pencil I hope they are just as pigmented and creamy as this one!


You may also like

No comments:

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.