My TV Series Addictions

/
0 Comments
First of all I would like to apologise about how long it has taken me to write this second post, I'm hoping to start posting weekly but uni life and being ill has managed to get in the way of this for me. Safe to say I was not impressed! But it's here, finally! But again, sorry and I hope you enjoy xo
-
We all have the series that we get addicted to and have to watch every episode of. With schools and uni's getting their Christmas breaks in the next couple of weeks it gives us some time to start a new addiction! So here are mine and why I find them so addictive, don't judge. Many of them aired a while back, that's mainly so I can watch the whole thing in one hit! Genius really.
In no particular order..


1. The X-Files
One of my favourite series ever. I only started to watch it a couple of years ago but it's something I could watch over and over again! If you don't already know, the series is about 2 FBI agents who investigate unexplained cases called the 'X-Files'. The two FBI agents on these cases are Dana Scully, played by Gillian Anderson, and Fox Mulder, played by David Duchovny. 
Although each episode has its own storyline, based around a case, there is a major underlying story which leads up to the first film and also plays a big role in the series as a whole. I think my major love for this series comes from not only my love of anything to do with aliens and the paranormal but also the relationship between characters, you really become attached to Mulder and Scully! 
My only down side to the series is that towards the end Mulder appears significantly less, due to Duchovny going part time with filming, which is pretty disappointing considering he was one of, if not the, main character, although I started to lose interest after this the episodes are still good and his character is referred to frequently.

Warning: You will probably develop a weird crush on Mulder if it's males who tickle your fancy. My friend told me this as we watched the first episode and I laughed.. Now I am just in love with the character. Oops. 

2. Californication
Number 2 is Californication, this is a more recent series, first airing in 2007 and airing its final episode in 2014. I put this series next as, again, it stars David Duchovny. I was a bit apprehensive about watching this after becoming so obsessed with the X-Files as I didn't think I could see him as anyone other than Fox Mulder, but I was glad I give it a go! In this series he plays alcoholic, sex addict novelist Hank Moody. It is an adult sitcom which features a lot of boobs, sex and other things of a mature nature. Definitely not advisable for the younger audience. 
Although it has a lot of adult themes I found it to be a very funny series, being British sometimes American sitcoms can be very hit and miss but this one really appealed to me and I really got the humour. Again in this series I ended up finding myself developing a crush on the character of Hank Moody, there was just something about the egotistic, womanising, destructive writer that really appealed to me, you'll see what I mean once you watch the show.

I definitely feel it appeals to both the male and female audience though, definitely worth a watch!

3. House M.D.
This one has been a popular series and you've probably watched it or at least seen one or two episodes, I definitely still see it on tv all the time anyway! This series is about the antisocial Dr Gregory House and his medical diagnostic team who solve cases of medical mysteries. I love this series due to the mystery element where you try and solve what medical problem the patients have along with the team, you'll soon find out that it's not lupus - its never lupus. The sarcastic nature of House is right up my street and I absolutely love it, I feel Hugh Laurie plays an amazing role here and masks his strong, well spoken British accent fabulously. Definitely fooled me into thinking he was American whilst watching!
Some really great story lines and I thought they had a really good finale, usually I don't like how series end but I felt this one did it perfectly. Great characters and actors throughout the whole series, I especially love Olivia Wilde who plays 'Thirteen' for a few series, since the show she has become one of my favourite actresses! 

So if you love sarcastic humour and watching a show where a doctor will happily take the piss out of peoples stupidity watch it! I know I adored it, and still do!

4. Gotham
This is a new series and in its first season. Obviously it is related to Batman, as it is set in Gotham, but it focuses on Jim Gordons life as a police man rather than Bruce Waynes. It starts at the death of Bruces parents and Gordon is left, along with his partner, to work on the case to find the killer. Many other cases unfold and there appears to be more than meets the eye with the original case. 

I love a good mystery/detective series so this is right up my street! Not to mention my love of all things related to superheroes. Usually I find things related to DC difficult to get into at first, it took me a while to be able to stay focused on the Dark Knight trilogy (although I'm glad I made myself focus and watch it properly, I love it now!), but with this series you can get into it straight away. I just love seeing where all the characters started out, you get to see a lot of the villains before they get to where they are in the films and comic books and it's also fun trying to guess who is going to turn out to be which character! I'm usually more of a Marvel fan when it comes to films so I thought I'd much rather be watching the Agents of SHIELD, but I've found this extremely difficult to get into and just doesn't seem to engage me like the films and so I'm made up that Gotham is working so well.

This is my favourite series at the moment and my boyfriend and I make sure we watch it every week! Such a fabulous series and I would most definitely recommend. I'm just sad that it's only in its first series and isn't several in so I could just spend a week straight watching it.  

5. Pretty Little Liars
Where do I even start on this! I adore the books and the series just has me hooked! I love that the series differs from the books, it means I still don't know who 'A' is or what's going to happen next.

The series is about the life of 4 girls, Aria, Hanna, Emily and Spencer. It starts one year after their best friend, Alison, dies. The girls start to receive messages from a mysterious character called A who seems to know all their darkest secrets. There is a lot of suspense and really has you on the edge of your seat for every episode, you are always left wondering who A is. There are many plot twists, lots of new secrets and a lot mystery - as you probably know by now I love the whole mystery thing. This is a seriously addictive series. If you haven't already started to watch it, which I'm sure most of you will have due to its popularity, there are currently 107 episodes and it is 5 seasons in so what better time than ever to start watching! 

I would also highly recommend the books, these are written by Sara Shepard and again are a big series. As mentioned earlier, you can read the books along side the series as there are many differences and twists, the main thing I noticed was there were a lot more deaths in the book and they all took me by surprise due to watching the series first! The music in the series is also really good, I always enjoy that aspect of it. Again this is one of my favourite series to date and I'm on edge waiting for the next episode to air, ITS BEEN ALMOST 4 MONTHS. It's killing me!!!




So there it is! I kept it to 5 although I'm sure there are many more I could have listed. I would love to hear which ones you have become addicted to and which ones are worth watching, always love to start something new. Comment below with yours!


You may also like

No comments:

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.